BlockAddicts Forum !

Author Topic: Suggestion for Blockaddicts  (Read 6806 times)

nuclearfudge

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Suggestion for Blockaddicts
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:42 pm »
Well ive noticed that you can carry items through out worlds and I think that is kinda dumb because you can live in the survival world all safe and then go kill people in the PVP World and also because I dont see any reason to not. Am I the only one who feels like items shouldnt be carried through out worlds?

CraftyLilCreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Server Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Blockaddicts
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:02 pm »
  • the ability to not transfer items from PVP World to other worlds
  • Protections included on the Minigames world, and a more precisely defined list of who can build and decide what minigames get added or not
  • This is small, but a sign telling players that the world will be expanded with 1.7 maybe, thats just something small that we could tell the regulars though, but it would be easier to have it on a sign

Fentaur47

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »
Well ive noticed that you can carry items through out worlds and I think that is kinda dumb because you can live in the survival world all safe and then go kill people in the PVP World and also because I dont see any reason to not. Am I the only one who feels like items shouldnt be carried through out worlds?

Well, there's a lot to this.

For one, on the PVP subject, unless you're going to create bases and mine out all the items yourself, you won't be able to have armor or weapons in the PVP world without bringing them over. And your rewards will be trapped in that world, and if I'm not mistaken people are able to take them from you. (I don't know if LWC is enabled in that world.)

Second, there are a lot of different worlds, and what if you wanted to bring some diamonds or tools into, say, the plot world? Well, it's a superflat map filled with dirt and you can't exactly mine the things you need to build a good house there. Unless you have item spawning and creative, you wouldn't be able to do this.

This would also make the Nether and End impossible, as you wouldn't be able to bring pickaxes or weapons in.

I understand where you're coming from, but we have so many worlds that this just seems impractical.

• Protections included on the Minigames world, and a more precisely defined list of who can build and decide what minigames get added or not
  • This is small, but a sign telling players that the world will be expanded with 1.7 maybe, thats just something small that we could tell the regulars though, but it would be easier to have it on a sign

1. If this is what he meant, it makes a bit more sense.
2. I don't know enough about the minigame world to make a proper judgment.
3. Cool idea! Whoa! Nice thinking! Yes, we should have this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:35:05 pm by Fentaur47 »

CraftyLilCreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:38:42 pm »

Well, there's a lot to this.

For one, on the PVP subject, unless you're going to create bases and mine out all the items yourself, you won't be able to have armor or weapons in the PVP world without bringing them over. And your rewards will be trapped in that world, and if I'm not mistaken people are able to take them from you. (I don't know if LWC is enabled in that world.)

Second, there are a lot of different worlds, and what if you wanted to bring some diamonds or tools into, say, the plot world? Well, it's a superflat map filled with dirt and you can't exactly mine the things you need to build a good house there. Unless you have item spawning and creative, you wouldn't be able to do this.

This would also make the Nether and End impossible, as you wouldn't be able to bring pickaxes or weapons in.

I understand where you're coming from, but we have so many worlds that this just seems impractical.

1. If this is what he meant, it makes a bit more sense.
2. I don't know enough about the minigame world to make a proper judgment.
3. Cool idea! Whoa! Nice thinking! Yes, we should have this.
That is what he ment, @#3 Grrrrrrr

Fentaur47

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:14 pm »
What I got out of it (for the first point) is that it's a bit unfair to have a ton of resources in the survival world, use them to annihilate others in the PVP world, and take their items. If you're going to restrict items to the PVP world (which, don't get me wrong, makes sense) you'd need to make sure you only bring what you need.

I don't know if one-way and/or one-world restriction is possible, but even factoring that out there are a few other problems. What if a moderator teleports to a player in the PVP world and gets killed? I'm sure there are restrictions to avoid people being teleported into the world, or at least punishment for doing so, but the amount of problems that could spring up are a bit risky.

I'm also still a little fuzzy on the details, but since my skills at PVP are worse than TBeast's skills at not crying, I honestly don't have a first-hand account of how it should work. I've thrown in what I can, and I'll leave it to the professionals to decide.

nuclearfudge

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 12:05:04 am »
The PVP World isnt soley just for PVPing its supposed to be survival with griefing,raiding and pvp basically is has no rules besides no hacks/client mods and no spamming, as far as the the plot world goes its the same people can safely live in that world and drain resources without any worry of mobs,pvp and anything which I feel is unfair the plot world shouldnt be for living but for building and experimental building.

Fentaur47

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 12:17:21 am »
The PVP World isnt soley just for PVPing its supposed to be survival with griefing,raiding and pvp basically is has no rules besides no hacks/client mods and no spamming

Thanks for clearing that up. One more thing, though, are you suggesting we block bringing items both in and out, or just out? From what Crafty said, just moving them out, but I can't tell.

as far as the the plot world goes its the same people can safely live in that world and drain resources without any worry of mobs,pvp and anything which I feel is unfair the plot world shouldnt be for living but for building and experimental building.

That's what most people use it for, but unless we're only planning to item-protect the PVP world, people won't be able to bring in resources for those experimental builds. Though this would only be a problem if the only way to block the items would be to affect all worlds... at which point Arcadia would probably just give it up.

As for them living safely from mobs, I understand your point, but there's nothing more infuriating than collecting a ton of resources to build something and having a spider come out of nowhere, absorb your hits like a sponge, and kill you conveniently before Clag strikes. And most people enjoy the building aspect anyway, if it's just living in the house and being in the community they want to do, I say let them go for it.

CraftyLilCreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 12:24:47 am »
The PVP World isnt soley just for PVPing its supposed to be survival with griefing,raiding and pvp basically is has no rules besides no hacks/client mods and no spamming

Thanks for clearing that up. One more thing, though, are you suggesting we block bringing items both in and out, or just out? From what Crafty said, just moving them out, but I can't tell.

as far as the the plot world goes its the same people can safely live in that world and drain resources without any worry of mobs,pvp and anything which I feel is unfair the plot world shouldnt be for living but for building and experimental building.

That's what most people use it for, but unless we're only planning to item-protect the PVP world, people won't be able to bring in resources for those experimental builds. Though this would only be a problem if the only way to block the items would be to affect all worlds... at which point Arcadia would probably just give it up.

As for them living safely from mobs, I understand your point, but there's nothing more infuriating than collecting a ton of resources to build something and having a spider come out of nowhere, absorb your hits like a sponge, and kill you conveniently before Clag strikes. And most people enjoy the building aspect anyway, if it's just living in the house and being in the community they want to do, I say let them go for it.
Not being able to move things out, also removing locks in the PVP World, if you want a PVP World with no rules, remove locks, or limit locks to a small amount,  infinite locks kinda ruins no rules. Or in for that matter, you should be doing HArdcore PVP without outside items

nuclearfudge

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 12:40:54 am »

Well thats the game if you dont like it why play minecraft? Avoid/Killing Mobs, Mob Prevention and PVP Protection is all apart of minecraft, its like liking COD but hating the aspect of killing. As far if you just enjoy building well build in the plot world but dont live in it.

CraftyLilCreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 01:05:47 am »
The point is, we have a PVP World, and it isn't a Hardcore PVP world unless you remove items in and out of the world, and remove locks, or maybe even limit locks in general. I have tried to get PVPers on the server in that world, and they won't because it isn;t a pvp world, we cannot expect a diverse community if our PVP World isn't even a legit pvp world

Fentaur47

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:18 pm »
So you're saying the PVP world should only restrict items being brought out of it? Again, this could be a problem if a mod teleports in to check on a player and then loses their items to the world.

As for the part about mobs, well, it's up to the player what they want to do.

Arcadia171e

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 01:02:42 pm »
Added per world inventory.
All worlds grouped except mini games and pvp that are seperate.
I can find no way to limit locks in the PVP world though.
I am however able to run a command to remove locks per world. I could simple have it run on a schedule.

CraftyLilCreeper

• Global Moderator
  • Server Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 09:49:34 pm »
Added per world inventory.
All worlds grouped except mini games and pvp that are seperate.
I can find no way to limit locks in the PVP world though.
I am however able to run a command to remove locks per world. I could simple have it run on a schedule.
If you could remove the locks on a schedule like that, it would be great, locks in a PVP World are not right